Sunday, November 14, 2010

A big announcement, and new (tentative) plan

Last night DH and I had our first real conversation about how much longer we were willing to TTC before exploring other options.  We have been discussing all of our options in the abstract for awhile now, but this was the first time we have seriously planned out where to go from here.  I'm really excited with what we decided.

We both agree that we are not comfortable starting Clomid right now, due to the risks and potential side effects involved.  Plus, I am ovulating on my own, so I'm not sure how much Clomid would actually help me anyway.  (Maybe we will re-evaluate this option further down the road, but neither me nor DH thinks this is the best choice for us at this time.)

So, that said... we have made the decision that, if we still can't get pregnant the next few cycles, we will move forward with adoption.  Specifically, we want to pursue foster-adopt, and with the hopes of being able to accept a placement this summer.  Adoption is something we both have wanted to pursue eventually anyway, regardless of whether we had any biological children.  We are just speeding up the process a bit.  :-)

Neither one of us is giving up on the idea of biological children, but we both want to be parents so badly and don't want to wait any longer to expand our family.  Of course if I did become pregnant that would be awesome, but I also have never had the burning desire that I MUST have biological children.  But I have always felt very strongly that I wanted to adopt children someday, and especially lately I have really been feeling a pull towards foster-adopt. 

I have been praying for nearly a year now for God to send us a child, and I am starting to wonder if maybe this is how He wants us to expand our family.  I have faith that He will make us parents one way or another.  I have done a lot of research on foster-adopt and really think it will be a good fit for me and DH.  I have also done several adoptions as an attorney, so I feel like I have a good idea of everything involved and that DH and I are pretty prepared to take this step.  And I am so happy to know that DH and I are on the same page, and that we have a real plan for moving forward!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you and your DH might be adopting :) I've always thought about it as well but never really researched it. I think that it's wonderful that you might be getting a kiddo next summer.

    You know, Megan from In This Wonderful Life Blog mentioned that her parents tried to have a baby for a long time. They were never successful. They then decided to adopt her brother which became official January 4th (I remembered the date because that's when DH and I started dating) then exactly a year later her mom gave birth to her! I thought that was so amazing how it was so unexpected! I really hope that everything works out :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post, I wish you the best of luck with whatever options you decide to pursue.

    ReplyDelete