Saturday, March 19, 2011

5 weeks

Whoo hoo, I'm still pregnant!  I am still feeling pretty good, but am starting to have some other symptoms.  I am still exhausted most of the time, and have noticed I go from zero to STARVING in about 2.5 seconds.  And of course I still have the crazy bloating.  I also started experiencing my first bouts of nausea these past few days... thankfully, no vomiting yet.  ;-)

Hooray for symptoms!  I am so happy to have them, and to know that Baby C is still growing!


How far along?  5 weeks, 0 days.

Weight gain/loss:  Down 0.4 pounds (not like you tell with all of the bloating!).

Maternity clothes?  I definitely busted out my half-elastic-waistband maternity jeans this week.  None of my regular pants will even button.

Stretch marks?  Nope.

Sleep?  Yes, please!

Best moment this week?  Honestly, starting to get a little bit of morning sickness.  It is reassuring to know that things are progressing normally.

Food cravings:  When I'm starving, anything!

Gender:  I still think it is a boy, but DH says girl.

Belly button in or out?  In.

Movement?  Still way too early.

What I miss?  Wearing whatever clothes I want without worrying whether people can see my bloat-bump.  (But really, I don't miss it at all.  I'm thrilled to have that problem!)

What I'm looking forward to:  Our ultrasound on the 28th!

Milestones:  Making it to 5 weeks, wahoooo!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wohoo! 5 Weeks!! I soooo remember the not hungry to starving moments. I remember I cried once because I was so hungry! I promise it was all of a sudden. I was perfectly content and not hungry (or so I thought) next second I am starving ready to eat anything. It's so funny because I remember I found a ketchup packet in my car and just started eating ketchup because I couldn't wait to get home. In my defense, our commute from work to home is about 45 minutes.

    I'm glad your doing well and starting to get symptoms!! Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!! Thinking of you and Baby C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and I think your pants in the picture look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news. Bring on the 6 week scan, and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    Mary, I laughed out loud reading your story about the ketchup packets, but I TOTALLY understand. LOL

    And thanks MrsH! Those pants are actually "work pants", but they are entirely elastic-waisted. They aren't even maternity, just awesomely comfortable "regular" clothes... and the only pair of work pants I have that fit right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only 5 days til your u/s!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek, I know!!! I can't wait! :-D

    ReplyDelete