Wednesday, January 25, 2012

10 weeks!

So I started writing this post a week and a half ago... when she really was 8 weeks old.  lol  I really want to try to post at least monthly updates to how we are doing, but we'll see how that goes!

C is now 10 weeks old... HOLY CRAP how did that happen?!  She had her two-month pedi appointment last Friday and took her first round of vaccinations like a champ.  She only cried for a minute while it was happening, and DH scooped her up afterward and she calmed right down.  She is such a good girl!  She is also becoming quite the chunky monkey, after some weight issues in the beginning (more on that in my next post).  At her appointment last week she was up to 11 pounds, 10 ounces and 23.5 inches!

C has also been hitting all of her milestones on time.  She has been holding her head up on her own since the day we brought her home from the hospital -- no joke, her pedi has commented on how strong she is since the very beginning! -- and keeps getting stronger and better at it every day.  She will also bear weight on her legs now every chance she gets.  She gave us her first real smile the day she turned 5 weeks old, and now smiles at us constantly.  My favorite thing she does is give me a huge, chubby-faced grin every time I come to her, whether I've been gone for 10 minutes or 10 seconds.  (Cue heart melting!)  She has also gone from screaming bloody murder every time we give her a bath to actually enjoying it; the same for diaper changes.  She just grins and coos the entire time we are changing her diaper, it is so adorable.  :-)

Speaking of diapers, she HATES being dirty or wet and will start fussing as soon as she realizes she's messed her diaper.  I don't know if its because we are using cloth or not, but she can tell as soon as she's wet and is not happy until she gets changed.  I'm hoping this carries over and makes for easy potty training down the road!

She also slept through the night for the first time two weeks ago.  The first night it happened I woke up to DH's alarm in a panic. My first thought was that she had stopped breathing, and I immediately reached over to check on her.  Thank goodness, she was fine and snoozing peacefully.  (My second thought was, OMG MY BOOBS OOOWWWWW!!!! haha)  Since then, she has slept at least 4-6 hours most nights, which is awesome, but of course I still have to get up to pump, which sucks.  (I would love to hear what you ladies do about this, if there is a better option.  I hate waking up every 3-4 hours to pump!)

Something else that is random, but I have to mention, is that C is absolutely mesmerized by our Christmas tree.  Yes, I said "is"... we haven't taken it down yet.  lol  (And yes, it is artificial. We don't have a rotting tree carcass in our house!)  It doesn't matter how upset and inconsolable she may be, if you carry her into our front room to look at the lights on the tree, she is instantly quiet and calm.  Amazing.  We are trying to find a good alternative to the tree, so that we can finally take it down some time before summer... Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Great update!

    Maybe buy a ficus tree and put lights on it? I don't know! A lot of people turn their Christmas trees into Mardi Gras trees where I live!

    ReplyDelete