Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day





Tomorrow, October 15th, is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day. (I have also seen it referred to as Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day, but it's basically the same idea, right?) For more information, click on over to www.october15.com.

Tomorrow will also be four months, one week, and one day since we said goodbye to Baby M. I truly cannot believe it has been so long, and yet it still feels like just yesterday at the same time. I still think about Baby M every single day, and I know that I always will.

In honor of Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day, the website Faces of Loss is encouraging everyone to post a badge or Facebook status to honor our babies who were lost too soon. I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I will not be posting either of these on my personal Facebook account tomorrow. Not because I'm ashamed of Baby M or what we went through, but because so many people in our lives (including family members) don't know about our loss. And I certainly don't think a Facebook status is the appropriate venue for them to find out. There are still so many people we haven't told, for various reasons. The people we have told have been amazingly supportive, and I am so glad we have been able to share Baby M with them. But for those we haven't told yet, they will just have to wait until we are ready.

So for now, I will proudly post my "I am the Face" badge here, where I am safe and anonymous.



Love you, Baby M. You will be in my heart tomorrow, and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment